02 March 2013

I've had a happy past few days. It has been unseasonably cold here in Florida, which at least for me, it's a good thing. 

I get to wear scarves, boots and hats. Clothing, that growing up in sunny Puerto Rico, I never got to wear. Florida may be usually warm, but I look forward to the cold days of winter. Times when the air conditioning is off and the windows are open.  




Chocolate anything goes very well with cold weather. Something about the bitter taste of raw chocolate warms you up. Just the thought of warm cake makes me want to come home, curl under comfy blankets, and watch movies all day eating a plate of this.  

I was looking for some recipes online for ice cream using coconut milk that could be prepared without churning, since I don't have an ice cream maker. This one was easy and simple, using only three ingredients. 

This cake, I could make with my eyes closed. I've made it so many times, it never fails.  



Recipe for the cake is right here (click on this link). This time, I used the remaining coconut water from making the ice cream, instead of plain water. 

for the Coconut Milk Ice Cream 
(I used all organic and raw ingredients)

one 14 ounce can of full-fat Coconut Milk 
1/3 cup of Coconut Sugar
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder (or 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate)

-Put the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 3 hours. This will allow the fat to separate from the water. Open the can and scoop out the fat (which will be on the top). You'll be left with the water on the bottom, which you can use to make the cake.

-In a blender or with a whisk, mix all the ingredients. Pour into a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Every 30 minutes, make sure to mix the ice cream mixture. This will create a smoother texture. 



~~~~~~ 



2 comments:

trumatter said...

Fabulous Yadsia! I am definitely trying this.

Sabina said...

Definitely going to make this, this weekend! Love this blog!! Happy New Year and Happy Friday!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.