16 February 2013

Pancakes with Banana-Maple Topping



I got a great surprise this week. My photo and recipe for Crepes was featured on The Huffington Post! It is a huge deal for me, because I read that publication every night before going to sleep. I've been doing that for a long time, and suddenly I'm in it!

The first person I called was of course my Aunt, who made the Crepes. I have to give all the credit to her because she made the crepes and it is her recipe. All I did was take the picture. 

Thank you, Titi!   






After looking at all the beautiful pictures featured on the article, I got a craving for something fluffier and heartier: Pancakes

Inspired by one of the recipes, decided to top them with bananas and maple glaze. Measurements are not exact, since I used whatever I had in the fridge, but everything ended up tasting amazing. 

These pancakes are fluffy and soft, with crisp edges, just how I like them. 





Apples can easily be used instead of bananas, which I will try tomorrow morning. But you have to use real maple syrup, it's what gives the recipe that particular taste. The addition of spices to the batter makes it more flavorful, not just a regular bland pancake. Use spices liberally!




What you need
(Makes about 6 small pancakes. I used all organic ingredients.)

for the batter 
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 cup Milk
1 Egg
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Cardamom 
Coconut Oil, for cooking 


for the topping 

1 Banana
1/4 up Real Maple Syrup
Coconut Oil, for cooking

for the dry topping
2 tsp Coconut Sugar
1/8 tsp Nutmeg


-Over a hot skillet, pour some coconut oil. Slice a banana, place the slices in the skillet, and cook over low heat with out turning, for about 5 minutes. Turn the bananas and turn off the stove. Add the maple syrup. Set aside.

-In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients for the batter. Add the wet ingredients, mix and let it rest for 10 minutes in the fridge. Adjust the milk if you like a thicker batter. 

-Cook the pancakes in a hot skillet using some coconut oil so they won't stick. Serve warm topped with the bananas and maple. 

-Mix the coconut sugar and nutmeg, sprinkle on top of the pancakes. 



~~~~~~~~~~ 


  

2 comments:

Clara Gonzalez said...

Congratulations. I am looking forward to seeing more of you going forward.

Anonymous said...


Yadsia, as always I'm very proud of you and of all you have done.

Be sure, the Crepes tastes as good as they look. Yummy, Yummy

Go follow your dreams!!!!!

Love you, Tití, Mamá & Papá

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.