15 July 2012

A very unplanned break...



Life has taken a sudden change of course. A good one, that is...

After five months in Florida, I got tired of the struggle and decided to move to NYC. I planned & planned & planned (told no one)... I sold almost everything... But life happened...

48 hours before leaving, I got offered a job in Tampa... Within hours, I found an apartment & moved in. For someone who has never lived alone, things got stressful really fast.

Suddenly, being an adult seemed more serious than expected.

You see, at 30, most people have done so much more than I have. In my early twenties, I made the concious decision not to get married or have kids, and just live my life until I turned 30. I had amazing opportunities to go to school, then graduate school, travel, meet people, start this blog and discover many wonderful things about life. But six months ago, it hit me that I was about to turn 30 and things needed to get sorted out. That's when I moved to FL (from Puerto Rico, as many of you already know).

The past months have been a rollercoaster. I met a lot of people and had experiences I thought impossible for me. When I finally hit rock bottom, I decided to give up and either move back home or live my dream of moving to NYC (I settled on the latter). But I guess that NYC will have to wait, for now...

During the past 2 weeks, I got my first full time job and rented an apartment by myself. I had to do it all alone, which was tough, but I'm proud of myself for it. I'm trying to make everything work without going crazy.

To put things into perspective and try to make you understand what's going on in my life: Imagine that everything you ever wanted, happened in a matter of hours... exactly...

Sadly, while in my 'moving phase', one of the things I sold was my computer... Needless to say, that's the reason I haven't been posting lately, and won't be able to post in a while. When I finally get settled, I'll get a new computer and start over.

I'll still be here to answer emails and read your blogs... so please don't forget about me.. drop me a line from time to time...



With love and gratitude;

Yadsia  

P.S. You can still reach me via Twitter!

11 comments:

Tengo un horno y sé cómo usarlo said...

Wow! Sounds so exciting! I am glad for you. Enjoy this new period and go on blogging as soon
as you can. I'll miss you.
All the best!

movita beaucoup said...

I am sending you best wishes for your new adventure - and can't wait to see you back in full force!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Looking forward to your future posts!

Reem | Simply Reem said...

Wishing you all the best my dear..
Yes life just happens and trust me everything happens fro good.. SO hang on my dear and you will do just great!!!

Purabi Naha said...

Best wishes from me as well! Enjoy life and have fun!!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Good luck with your new job and new place!

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Yadsia,
Congratulations on the new job and on the apartment. Had you moved to NYC, we could have met for lunch!!
Next time! Good luck on the job and looking forward to your next recipe!! Best of everything!
Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Yadsia, go on with your plans . As I told you before, never give up. Many times things are hard and very difficult. Don't forget ....the universe Conspire with you. Just ask wuth faith and you will recieved what you asked for. We always support you....love, titi

Clara Gonzalez said...

Best of luck in your new life. We'll be here when you come back.

rationalgaze said...

Good luck with everyone! And I commend you on living life on your own timeline, don't let that pressure to go a different direction (or any direction) come from anyone but yourself! Keep pushing forward and congrats on the new job!!!

Jody said...

Good luck with your job. I hope that your life will get even more exciting now!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.