11 June 2012

Sparkling Berry & Lemon Drink ... and a Video!



The weather here in the Tampa Bay area has been terrible for the past week. It's long periods of non-stop rain followed by very hot and humid periods of full sun. Exercising outside has been a real challenge. I used to be able to walk four miles, but lately I've struggled to walk just two miles because of the humidity.

My body has been craving cold drinks all day, but drinking only water can get very boring. To enjoy the effervescence and sweetness of soda, I decided to prepare a healthy fruity drink myself.

And I made a video!  

 

This morning I was confident enough on my video editing skills so I decided to film a short video on how to prepare this drink. The filming and planing parts themselves were easy, the editing part was not. 

  
             


I took a few classes on film editing back in college, but I don't remember them being this difficult. So please, bear with me. I promise the next videos will be better. I definitely have to work on the transitions from clip to clip.

Those of you who are Mac users might have already guessed I used iMovie to edit the video.   

 

This drink is just sweet enough and has only good-for-you ingredients. No need to drink sugary sodas when you can prepare a big batch of this to enjoy all day. 

I've been using Coconut Sugar lately with excellent results. It's raw, vegan and has lots of minerals. Also it is low in the glycemic index so I don't have a sugar crash mid morning after my Chocolate Oatmeal Shake. Which by the way, I've been adding a tablespoon of Peanut Butter to. It keeps me full longer so I don't have to snack before lunch.

On another note, I've been sharing pictures of what I eat in a daily basis (as a way to keep track of my food intake) on Instagram (follow me if you have an account) that I then publish to Twitter. It's a way to hold myself accountable for the food decisions I make if I know that a lot of people can see what I eat.  

 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~

(serves two)

16 ounces of Soda Water
2 big Lemons
Coconut Sugar, to taste
1/2 cup Mixed Berries, thawed
4 Strawberries, frozen


Watch the video (above) to learn how to mix everything!




8 comments:

Nisha said...

I saw your video!
Is that your backyard? So big! :)

Ah, so that powdered ingredient was coconut sugar.
For once I thought it was 'chat masala' or something - quite often added to beverages in India..

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Nisha:

Yes! That's my backyard. I live in a 10 acre land with cows and other animals in the middle of nowhere! And yes, the brown powder is coconut sugar. Try it, it's delicious!

Anonymous said...

Me encanto el video no solo la introduccion ,tambien el procedimiento y
la verdad que quise tomarme la bebida de tan refrescante que quedo,continua con
los videos,suerte.

vianney said...

Great vid!!! It's super hot here in South Texas, I would love a tall glass!!

♥LOVE2COOK MALAYSIA♥ said...

Hi there, glad I stumbled upon your space. Goodness, your photography is truly mindblowing!!!
Yummy site...:)

Clara Gonzalez said...

Good job, had to believe it is your first video.

I just came back from spending a few days at the mountains and see the strawberry harvest. I brought some back home, I will try this with some of the strawberries.

kankana said...

I think that's a pretty good video for the first time :) And the drink .. so pretty red.. love it!

Anonymous said...

I like it.....Great progress ....Super hot in Puerto Rico too...Bring me some....Tití

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.