10 May 2012

Mixed-Berry Yogurt Pops



As I type this entry, I'm enjoying the best perk of being a food blogger : eating the food I prepared! After all, isn't that why most of us start a food blog?

Every blogger focuses on something different. When I started this blog a year and a half ago, I was focusing on publishing recipes. After a few months, I started sharing stories about my personal life that were related to food.


 

Everyone has a recipe to share, as simple as it may be, that reminds them of a particular time in their lives. 

Don't worry, I'm not going to share a lengthy story about yogurt popsicles, in fact I don't have an interesting story about popsicles at all.  I only prepared these because temperatures in Florida are getting hotter every day, so I needed a refreshing treat. 

 

But I will share how I got inspired to make these. I was reading a post on one of my favorite blogs, Dominican Cooking and decided to give it a try.  It looked too delicious not to.

While they cooked the berries, I decided to add them raw, macerated with very little sugar. Keeping a higher nutritional profile. 

Try my recipe or try theirs, but try it!

 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(makes six 3oz popsicles)

*Add sugar to taste, depending on how sweet the berries are.
 

1 cup Organic, Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened, Organic Frozen Mixed Berries (thawed)
1 tbsp Organic, Raw Turbinado Sugar
1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract (optional)
1 Mint Leaf, very finely chopped (optional)

-In a small bowl, mix the sugar, finely chopped mint and berries. Using the back of a spoon (or a fork) macerate the berries. they can be as chunky or as thin as you want. I like to find fruit bits in my pops. 

-Mix in the remaining ingredients and mix. Pour onto popsicle molds and freeze until hard.    




11 comments:

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Beautiful photography! Wish I could take pictures as crisp and as bright as you do. You should write a photography tutorial. These pops look so delicious. I know I would enjoy them. Great job!
Jackie

Clara Gonzalez said...

Yum! Those look great! Adding more berries is a great idea.

BTW, the link to my blog is broken. :)

Reem | Simply Reem said...

Gorgeous!!!
Really beautiful pics and absolutely delicious looking pops..
YUM.

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Galexi: Thank you for the nice comment! It has been a long journey from my first terrible photos to these that are not so bad. But I still don't feel in the position of creating a photography tutorial. I'll leave that to the more experienced bloggers ;)

@Clara: The link is fixed! Thanks for letting me know!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

It has been so hot here (luckily we had a little reprieve this weekend!) and I've been making popsicles a lot too. And it's only May! These look delicious and I agree, your pictures are beautiful!

Katie said...

Gorgeous, as always Yadsia! I have those same cute blue spoons, anthropologie! :) Love these popsicles!

Gourmet Popsicles Miami said...

Wow, those look amazing!

Jane said...

It's hot here today (almost 30 C) and I'm so glad I found your popsicle post. My kids will love those!

Aneta Hayne said...

That is right on time :) Berry season is starting any minute. Great simile recipe, can't
wait to try it out :) I just need to get more popsicle trays. I can bet my kids will never
stop eating them :).

Le blog de Letilor said...

Great shoot of foods, I pin your first pic it is really a beautiful picture.

sophiesfoodiefiles said...

MMMM! Lovely berry yoghurt pops!

Fab pics too! :) MMMM!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.