27 March 2012

Manual Mode & New Lightroom Presets

There is no new recipe today. I'm just posting to try out new settings on the Blog. Like the way readers see the emails about new posts.

Previously, the entire blog post would show up in your inbox. Now, I'm trying out a new setting so only the first picture and some of the text will show. I don't know if it'll work, but lets see.


Also, I've been practicing taking pictures in Manual Mode. It's still scary, but I'm getting better. 

The pictures on the last post were all taken in Manual Mode, I think they came out better than previous tries.   


Also, I've been trying new Lightroom Presets that I found online a few weeks ago. Although, they're not perfect (they need a few adjustments), they were free and very useful. I used the one called 'nostalgia', as well as sharpening the overall picture since I always shoot RAW. 

Let me know what you think!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As requested by a reader, the settings on Manual Mode are:

-first picture: ISO 400, f/2.5, 1/640 
-second picture: ISO 400, f/2.5, 1/1250
-third picture: ISO 400, f/3.2, 1/800

It was a very sunny day, with very few clouds, between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. 


Helene said...

Gorgeous! Could you explain the settings that you used in Manual mode please? Thanks in advance.

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...


Thank you very much! I have updated the post to include the settings I used on my camera to take the pictures. Thanks for the suggestion!

Helene said...

Thanks so much. I usually shoot in Aperture but just started yesterday to use the Manual mode. I will do by tryouts this coming week.

kankana said...

It's hard to believe all your previous photos in the blog were not in manual. I always thought you clicked in manual. Such gorgeous they looked :) Manual is lovely and once you get the hang of it you will never go back to auto!

Torviewtoronto said...

enjoyed the lovely pictures looks wonderful

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...


They were not manual, I took most of the them on Aperture Mode, but the very firsts ones on Program Mode. Never in Automatic, because it would never work. But lately I've been experimenting with full Manual Mode. It had been a challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.