26 March 2012

Asian-Inspired Bean Salad and Salmon






When trying to clean up the pantry, the weirdest recipes come to mind. A few of the worst and best recipes that I have ever prepared have been during the last week of the month, when I'm trying to use up every can in the pantry before grocery shopping the next week. That's exactly how this recipe came to be. 

This recipe was inspired by the flavors of an Asian Inspired Meatball dish I prepared two weeks ago (I will share the recipe next week). It's great to use the cans of beans and salmon (or tuna) that maybe living in your pantry for a while now.

If you want to turn it into a Pasta Salad, just add a half cup of cooked macaroni pasta. It's delicious warm or cold. The next day is even better. 




I've been distracted from the blog lately. Distracted from everything that's important to me, really. I'm trying to regain that sense of responsibility and organization that I lost once I moved to Florida. I'm turning 30 in a month, maybe I'm having an early midlife crisis (I'm just kidding).



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

(serves two)

1/2 cup of Chickpeas 
1/2 cup Black Beans
1/2 cup Red Beans
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Tamari Sauce (or Soy Sauce)
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1/2 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp chopped, fresh Cilantro leaves
1 can of Salmon (about 1/2 cup)
Black Pepper, to taste

-In a bowl big enough to hold the entire amount of beans, whisk together the oil, tamari sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, mustard, cilantro and black pepper.

-In a separate bowl, mix 1 tbsp of the mixture with the salmon. Mix well.

-Add the beans to the remaining mixture and mix well.

-At this point you can refrigerate everything to let the beans absorb the flavor, or just serve immediately. When serving, spoon the salmon on top of the beans, then top with more cilantro or sesame seeds if you want.    



   

3 comments:

{Epicurean Mom} said...

Yadsia! These are GORGEOUS! Your photography is flawless, not to mention this beautiful and healthy salad! Love!

P.S I think I'm going to go through a midlife crisis when I hit 30 (in 1 year.) The 20's have been too good ;-)

Torviewtoronto said...

healthy combination looks wonderful

Karisha {Ruborosa Blog} said...

I need to make this. I need to make this, like, TODAY.
I know what you mean about the early midlife crisis. Enjoy being a little careless. It’s nice... for a while. ;) Take care, Yad!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.