13 February 2012

Rosemary and Lemon Chicken



 

Lately, I've been having fun with Pinterest. I could spend hours on that site, clicking through links and discovering new boards. There are already a few recipes that I must try, found through the site. Plus another couple of tutorials for DIY room decorations, that I'll be working on this week. 

Are you on Pinterest or Flickr? I'd love to follow you! Just leave me a link in the comments section! 

Here is a link to my Pinterest and Flickr profiles. 


 


I loved this chicken! It's so flavorful and aromatic. Rosemary really stands out on any dish, you don't need lots of it to make food delicious. Just a few sprigs work perfectly. Paired with fresh lemon, is a winning combination. Sautée some mushrooms in the left over sauce to soak up all the juices, it's really good.

The Rosemary came from my own backyard. My roommate's Mom has a mini herb garden with a few plants that I use for cooking. I can smell the Rosemary plants from various feet away, they're that aromatic. 





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(serves two)

You'll need...

2 Chicken Breasts, in bone, without skin
14 Asparagus Spears
1 Lemon, cut into 5 rinds
2, four inch Rosemary Sprigs
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper

How to...

-In a small pan, melt the butter in the oil with the rosemary and lemon. Over low heat, cook the seasoned chicken breasts for about 50 minutes (until done), covered. Turn a few times, to cook well in both sides. You may need to add a few pours of stock, only if necessary, to create a bit of a sauce for the chicken to cook in.

-After the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan onto a plate ad cover with foil. Let it rest.

-Cook the asparagus in the leftover sauce. 

-Serve.  

 
 

6 comments:

Priyanka said...

Great dish...:)
Lovely photo

michael said...

i'm glad you used rosemary! i love it :)

Red_Shallot said...

Yummy! Love chicken and rosemary!

Kelci Taylor said...

I'm so in love with pinterest...tons of recipes and diy's to try, check my page out!

http://pinterest.com/kelcitaylor/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your site. You can check me out at:

http://pinterest.com/kraftsbykatt/

Thanks!
Katt

Sandy said...

I love love love fresh rosemary! Fresh chicken rosemary sounds divine. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.