01 February 2012

Pasta with Chicken al Mojo



 


A few nights ago, my roommate prepared a delicious Chili with every veggie we found in the fridge that was about to spoil (even though my brother argued that there are no veggies in real Chili). We ended up with a huge pot of chili, that was delicious in every bite. Considering that I had never seen my roommate even make some toast, it was very impressing. 

Her Mom prepared a very simple and delicious Mojo to put on top of every bowl of hot Chili.

Raw Onions, Cilantro, fresh lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, raw garlic, salt and pepper. All combined, created the tangy Mojo I was craving. You can put that on anything. It's supposed to be raw, but it's also excellent to cook with. Like I did in this recipe. 

I cooked the chicken in some leftover Mojo, it was delicious. The meat was very tender and flavorful. Combined with the tomatoes and pasta, it was the perfect lunch.

 
 

I keep getting amazed by the views here in the land. Ten acres of forests and beautiful animals. Frogs are everywhere. 

Today, when I put my hand inside the mailbox, I got a wet surprise. A tiny frog jumped in my finger. It looked exactly like the one I posted about last week.   


  
 


In the picture above, you can one of the remains of a black cow that was found dead almost three years ago deep in the back of the land. A few bones still remain there. It was very impressing.  


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~

(serves four)

To make the Mojo, you'll need:

 1 big Yellow Onion, chopped very finely (small pieces)
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped very finely 
1/2 cup Cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped very finely
2 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or any other mild vinegar)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

-Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. It's better if you make it the day before and let it sit in the fridge. 

For the Pasta and Chicken, you'll need:

2 Chicken Breasts, chopped into one inch cubes (or a bit smaller) and seasoned with salt and pepper
One, 16 ounce box of thin Spaghetti (whole wheat)
2 medium Tomatoes, chopped in small pieces
one slice of Pumpernickel Bread
1 tsp Olive Oil or Butter
some fresh Parsley, to sprinkle on top of the pasta when served

-Cook the pasta according to package directions, in salted water.
-Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the chicken with the Mojo over medium heat until done. Cook covered to conserve the juices. About 12 minutes. 
-Once the pasta is done. Mix with the tomatoes and cooked chicken. 
-Drizzle some olive oil or butter on the bread, and toast it. Crumble it using your hands, and sprinkle on top of the pasta along with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.   

 

6 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking pasta lovely pictures

Reem | Simply Reem said...

Love the dish...
Your photography makes me drooolllll....
Beautiful!!!1

Clara Gonzalez said...

I love when you incorporate your Puerto Rican heritage in your dishes. I love PR (my whole family do), it's the closest to "home outside home" I have ever been. There's so much in common between our cuisines that for someone outside our countries it is nearly impossible to tell.

Your photography is much more awesome these days. Great job.

Kat said...

I love the mojo recipe (esp the idea you can put it on everything), can't wait to try it. What a breathtaking place!

A Brown Table said...

How delicious and refreshing this looks. I can't wait to try it out!

Erin said...

This looks so healthy and delicious! I got to try it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.