21 February 2012

Mushroom Quinoa and a Fried Egg for Lunch



 

Another afternoon spent at the land in Florida. 

Today I felt a quick lift of spirits while shopping at Whole Foods.  It reminded me of my normal life in Puerto Rico. The afternoons spent grocery shopping with my Mom, planning meals on the spot while grabbing the ingredients. 

I'd never been there. Needless to say, I've been dying to but it's 50 minutes from my house. Today I was in the area having lunch with my roommate, so I decided to stop by the store. It immediately felt like an outer body experience (ok, I'm exaggerating a little). Everything I needed was in the same place, that had never happened before.  


 

I was even able to find those cute blue eggs that I'd seen on blogs. Which immediately reminded me of a recipe I saw last year on Cannelle et Vanille.

I couldn't find the exact recipe, but this is just as well as I remember it. It sounded delicious for a hearty lunch, and for breakfast tomorrow morning.


 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(serves two)

Ingredients 

1/2 cup of Quinoa
1 cup of Vegetable Stock
4 ounces of chopped Crimini Mushrooms
2 Eggs
1 tbsp  Butter
Salt and Pepper

Procedure

-In a small pan, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cooked covered over medium-low heat for 4-6 minutes until softened. 
-Add the Quinoa and stock. Mix well. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until all the water has evaporated and the Quinoa is translucent. 
-Cook the eggs any way you want to and serve on top of the Quinoa.  


 
 

  

10 comments:

Miss Lou said...

Im not eating eggs but the wuinoa and mushrooms sounds delish!

Cooking Rookie said...

Delish! I have all the ingredients - maybe this should be my lunch tomorrow :-)

dearkitchen said...

looks delicious! It made me hungry :)

dearkitchen said...

Looks deliciuos! It made me hungry:)

Anh said...

I am so inspired! Making this soon :)

Bryan said...

I love quinoa but never had it in the morning, I guess it's good any time of the day! Thanks for the idea!

Kat said...

I'm lucky in that Whole Foods is within walking distance where I live, and it's so easy to get inspired. I love the heartiness and the simplicity of this recipe.

Reem | Simply Reem said...

This is the kind of meal my body is craving these days... Simple and Pure...
Beautiful!!!
I love spending time in whole food, it kind of make me love the simplicity of food even more...

Two fit and fun gals said...

i am definitely making this for lunch next week! maybe dinner.. with leftovers for lunch :)

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Yadsia,
Yea, I bought my first ever bag of Quinoa and I'm making your recipe, this recipe tonight when I get home.
Can't wait to taste..A new grain to try. I hope I like it. Me and grains don't get along unless its rice. LOL
Jackie

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.