07 February 2012

Black Bean and Pasta Soup with Spinach



 

Strawberries are at its best when they're about to go bad. Their sweetness intensifies, their flavor is much stronger and their texture changes. That's when I like to mash them up and sweeten my yogurt with them. But sometimes, the simplicity of eating them straight from the container, is truly the best way of enjoying the fruit.

Today I realized that's how life works sometimes. When things are about to go bad, right at that moment is when we should take the opportunity to change things for the better. 
 

 


I wish I could just press the 'easy button' and make things happen. But that only happens on TV. 

In real life, I have to be patient and work hard on things to make them happen.  Even if patience doesn't come naturally to me.
 

 


People say that good things come when you least expect them... but I'm so tired of waiting. 
 

 

This soup is as nourishing for the body as it is for the soul. Eat it with a dark and deep flavored piece of bread, then very ripe strawberries for dessert.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~
(serves three)

Ingredients
4-5 cups of Water (or vegetable stock)
1 Vegetable Bouillon Cube (omit if you're using stock)
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Macaroni Pasta
1 cup of Black Beans
1/2 cup of finely chopped Yellow Onion
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 ounces of Cooking Ham (Ham steak), chopped in small cubes
2 cups of fresh Baby Spinach
1/4 cup of Spanish Olives
3 tbsp of Wine
Salt and Pepper

How to
-Cook the onion and garlic in some olive oil over medium heat until browned (about 5 minutes). Add the ham and cook for another two minutes over medium-low heat. Then turn to low heat and add the wine. Add the spinach and cook covered until softened but not completely wilted (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
-Cook the pasta in the stock until almost done. Add the black beans, spinach mixture and olives. bring to a boil, and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.  Serve with warm bread.
 




 

6 comments:

Paula @ Spoons n Spades said...

Oh my gosh, that soup looks so delicious! And it has olives in, one of my favourite ingredients. What a wonderful recipe :-)

TROTAMUNDOS said...

Maravillosa sopa, y ahora que estamos en pleno temporal de frío, apetece con sola verla¡¡ Me encantan las fotos.

Besotes

MyFudo™ said...

I am hoping I could get a little warning when things are supposed to go bad, so I can do something preventive far ahead of time, but that is not how things happen...Thank God, we have the kitchen to spend time thinking of ways to undo things that went bad...This soup will help me out in such times, I am sure. thanks for the post!

*Just Fran* said...

This soup looks delicious. I love pasta and bean soups.

{Epicurean Mom} said...

Gorgeous soup!!! Can't wait to try this recipe! And I totally agree, sometimes you just want all the glory now! Waiting is quite tedious.

Reem | Simply Reem said...

Delicious!!!
I love bean and pasta soups and this looks fabulous...
I agree sometime waiting can get too hard but we can keep hoping for good... Right.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.