24 January 2012

Lime & Olive Oil Warm-Potato Salad





Sometimes we get so caught up in making sure not to fall into a cooking rut that we forget to go back to basics. That's exactly what happened to me a few days ago.

My roommate's parents made dinner for us on Saturday.  Her dad grilled some steaks while her mom worked on the side dishes. I had never been so impressed by a meal. 

Boiled Turnips with a Sour Cream Sauce, Raw Onion and Tomato Salad, Spinach Salad and Quinoa. Everything was served with a simple Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper dressing. The natural flavors in the food really came out. Which reminded me of how simplicity is best.


    
Living in this area, so far for everything, has its perks. It's very easy to find excellent meat. I stopped eating meat a while ago because all of the hormones and antibiotics were doing bad things to my body. I'm feeling positive that the meat I can find in this area will not be as bad for me, since it's all sourced locally and from healthy 'happy' cows. 

If you are wondering, yes, every time I see a piece of meat at the supermarket I thing about the cows that come visit me outside my window. Will I be able to shake that image off my mind? We'll see what happens.


    
The views are obviously gorgeous, they keep me from going crazy.  All these pictures were taken around my house, within property limits. That's how big this land is.


The below photo shows you the view from my kitchen window while I'm cooking, it's simply amazing. 





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
(serves two)

For the recipe you will need:
 10 ounces of Baby Potatoes
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper
fresh, flat leaf Parsley, chopped

-Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces, boil in salted water until tender.
-While the potatoes are boiling, whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl big enough to fit the potatoes when they're cooked.
-When the potatoes are cooked, drain and add them to the bowl with the prepared dressing. Mix to make sure the potatoes are covered with dressing. Serve with extra parsley on top.


4 comments:

movita beaucoup said...

I'm loving the virtual tour of your property! So amazing...

And yes, simple is almost always best!

Musa Idulge said...

lOVE YOUR BLOG!!! THE PHOTOS ARE AMAZING. QUE ALEGRIA SABER QUE HAY MAS FOOD BLOGGERS DE LA ISLA DEL ENCANTO!

wallopingteaspoon said...

The view from your kitchen window is much more lovely than my windowless kitchen, and I am coveting that gorgeous cloth napkin underneat your potato salad. Thanks for the gorgeous photos!

Tracy @ Buy Right Daily - Deal Blog said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the flavor combo of your salad.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.