11 December 2011

Lazy Veggie Pot Pie



 

A lazy dinner, because it was not a lazy Sunday...

I keep finding excuses not to pack. Moving isn't fun. The idea of living somewhere new is exciting, but packing is dull. So I employ every minute of my free time, thinking of any activity that will keep me from doing what I have to do. As if I had majored in procrastination in college.

I took the opportunity of a Sunday at home with my Mom, to put up Christmas decorations. Realizing that this is probably the last time we'll do this together, was a little sad. But it's time to move on and play grown up.



The weather called for something warm, so I put together this lazy Veggie Pot Pie. I call it lazy, because I didn't have the energy to make my own crust. Puff Pastry works just as well.   



*A few tips on the recipe:

-On step three: When adding the potatoes, carrots and green beans, you will add the remaining water in the pot as well (minus the 1 cup you reserved on step one). That extra one cup, you will add later IF necessary. 

-For the crust: Cut it the same size as the plate you will be serving it in. Then cut strips about an inch wide. No egg wash is necessary before baking.

-Makes about 4 servings.  



15 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

Fabulous meal looks delicious

MyFudo said...

I love the flavors combined. I agree, puff pastry works well during the lazy streak. Even the busiest homemakers, deserve to be lazy sometimes. ;) Where are you moving by the way?
Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Amrita said...

Pretty.Pretty.Pretty...I can;t say that word enough.

I'm a hardcore non-vegetarian and you actually made me look through the entire recipe! So perfect for winter.

Anonymous said...

Question:

So for the third step, when I am suppose to be adding the potatoes, carrots, and green beans, am I also adding the 2 cups of veggie stock I didn't drain, then also adding the other cup of veggie stock that was reserved, if needed?

Or am I only adding the potatoes, carrots, and greens beans, and the cup of veggie stock that was reserved, if needed?

alex said...

Beautiful Picture!!!!

marla said...

This is STUNNING and does look very tasty :) Gonna pin now.

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Anonymous:

I've updated the recipe to make it more clear. See the notes. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the revison!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing. How many servings does this recipe make?

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Anonymous:
It makes about 4 servings!

Love and other Spices said...

Glad to have found your blog.The pictures look,how do I say,so airy and light.Love it.Me too throw up a puff pastry pie when I don't feel like making anything laborious.

Loveforfood said...

pie soup.. ohhhhh i love that.

Purabi Naha said...

Yadsia, what a yummy-looking pot pie! I loved this. Great pictures!

Lindsay said...

What a beautiful and tasty sounding pot pie!

Kelsey said...

Just made this!!! Looks amazing and fun to make. I would not call it lazy though!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.