A week of soul-and-body nourishing comfort foods.
It's hard sometimes when there is so much going on, to find some peace. Especially when everyone else's mistakes eventually dawn on you.
That's when I seek comfort the most. For me, comfort comes in the form of good food.
|Click HERE to see the recipe for Spinach Pesto.|
Using the left over Spinach Pesto from the other day (click here to see recipe) and inspired from another blogger, I put together this very simple soup.
It can easily be too simple. That's why I added an extra flavor boost.
If you're like me, you have a few Parmesan rinds in your freezer. The very hard and dry parts that no one wants to eat and most people throw away. They're great for flavoring soups. Just throw a few small pieces during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
serves two people
- 3 cups of Vegtable Stock
- 1.5 cups of Cannellini Beans, cooked and drained
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Spinach Pesto (or any other Pesto)
- 1 cup fresh Spinach
- a few rinds of the dry and hard part of Parmesan Cheese (or just 1 tbsp of Parmesan)
- Salt and PepperProcedure
- -Bring the stock, beans and Parmesan rinds to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- -Add the Pesto, cook for another 5 minutes.
- -Season with salt and pepper
- -Turn the heat off, add the fresh spinach and stir well until it's incorporated.
- -Serve hot.