28 November 2011

Spinach-Pesto and Ricotta Sandwich with Mashed Potatoes



 
  
I have to reduce my life to two suitcases and a carry-on. 

That's as many bags as the airline allows me to bring. Needless to say, I've been doing a major cleaning in my room. Three bins are layed down. Everything that comes to Florida with me, goes in one of the suitcases. Then, there are a few trash bags and a 'donations' box. 

   
 

I'm excited about moving to Florida. But knowing that my table top backgrounds for food photography will have to stay in Puerto Rico, really makes me sad.

There is the one my Grandpa helped me build, the one I built (here is a tutorial) and the brick one. They're too big and heavy to bring with me or even to ship. I'm better off just building new ones and starting over.

Not the mention the many plates, pots, flatware, napkins, etc... that I've collected in the past year. Most of them are packed already. 

If you are a food blogger, do you get attached to your props?  





With all that packing and organizing, it's important to be well nourished, no fast food allowed.

This lunch packs lots of nutrients and a much needed comfort food.
Use the left over Spinach Pesto, on scrambled eggs the next morning. 





for the Spinach Pesto
  • 4 to 5 cups of Spinach
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
  • 3 tbsp of Almonds
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Bread

-Add everything in a food processor and process until smooth.
-For every 1/4 cup of Ricotta that you want to use, add 2 tablespoons of the Pesto and mix well.
-Spread onto a piece of bread.


for the Mashed Potatoes (serves two)

  • 3 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
  • Water, for boiling
  • 1 Garlic Clove, cut into three pieces
  • Rice Milk
  • 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste 
-Chop and boil the potatoes until done. Remove from the water. 
-Add the rest of the ingredients and mash. Add as much rice milk as it is necessary to make the potatoes smooth but not runny.

9 comments:

meesch said...

I completely relate to your comment about table top backgrounds... I purposely didn't cook our Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house for that very reason... I couldn't transport my photography stuff! This looks SO delicious by the way - and I just LOVE the way you photograph your food = )

-meesch
http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

Miss Lou said...

oficialmente me babie!

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Miss Lou:
Casi muero de la risa!

The Seasonal Family said...

That's a shame you have to leave behind your props, they are gorgeous! Wish I had props like that. Your pictures always look so beautiful and edible.

Lisa said...

That sandwich looks amazing (love ricotta and pesto), and it's a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes as a side! As for props..I don't have many nor use many since I don't have natural light and Lowel Ego Lights blur them out in an artificial 'bad' way. I just use a plate and the food and pray for a decent shot lol Your photos are gorgeous!

Reem | Simply Reem said...

I am totally sold just by looking at it...
What will happen when I"ll eat it...
Yumm....
Deliciousness

Single boy said...

It should be 'illegal' to make people drool like you do with your recipes and your pictures... ;) Seriously, this looks SO good! You gave me an idea for my next tapas creation.

Shaheen [The Purple Foodie] said...

Spinach pesto sounds interesting. I've tried the traditional pesto as well as an arugula variation.

Jen @ Savory Simple said...

What a delicious pesto! Everything looks delicious.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.