18 November 2011



When in doubt, eat chocolate. 

I'm not a big chocolate lover, but every now and then I like to eat a nice piece of bitter dark chocolate. Even as a child, I favored cakes and cookies over lollipops and gum. 

Early on, I knew how much people liked chocolate, so in the third grade with a four dollar loan from my Grandma, I bought a bag of mini chocolates to sell to my classmates. That's the best idea I ever had, well, until my teacher caught me, so I had to stop. But I doubled my earnings really fast, thanks in part to those sugary things. 

Now, as an adult, I'm two weeks away from finishing an M.B.A. I never planned on it, it just happened. The business woman in my was always there, even at 7 years old. 




Getting back to the recipe. Last wednesday I was grocery shopping with my Grandma when I saw a bag of mixed nuts. The ones that you see everywhere during the holidays. The plan was to make muffins, but it quickly turned into something much easier, like bark. 




I'm serving these as dessert on Sunday for my first ever Tapas style party. It's actually only a four people gathering, but Tapas means that I have to prepare several dishes. 

SangrĂ­a, Cream of Mushroom, Warm Bean Salad and Chocolate Bark are a few of the dishes that I'll be serving. Pictures and recipes coming on Monday, be sure to check back. 




I don't think you need a recipe for Chocolate Bark, but here it is:

Ingredients
12 ounces of Dark Chocolate
about 1/2 cup of Mixed Nuts (I used Almonds, Hazelnuts & Walnuts)
1/4 cup Coconut Shavings
a few fresh Mint leaves

Procedure

-Place the whole chocolate bar in a piece of wax paper. In the microwave, soften the chocolate, make sure it doesn't melt (about 50 seconds). Just soften it enough for the nuts and coconut can stick to it.
-Once softened, sprinkle with half the coconut shavings, then the nuts, and the rest of the coconut. Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened again. Eat it!


6 comments:

movita beaucoup said...

Two weeks from your MBA! Congrats. Quite an achievement. AND you've managed to maintain this lovely blog? You are a force to be reckoned with. Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Movita:
Thanks a million for the super nice compliment. BTW, I'm in love with your Blog.

Heather Jacobsen said...

you're a little entrepreneur! i love it! and yes, i did need this recipe for chocolate bark. sometimes we make a dish so often, and its so easy, we think everyone else knows how to do it. But I never thought of making chocolate bark before! Nor would I have known how. So thanks for the inspiration!

Danelle said...

This looks fabulous!

Amanda said...

Mmm these look so delicious and great for the holiday season! Please check out my recipe for mint crinkle cookies, I think you'll enjoy it! http://bit.ly/mintcrinklecookie

Thanks!

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

you make me hungry yadsia... very very hungry.... for snacks....

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.