01 November 2011

Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake




The whole house smells like pumpkins. It's a nice aroma. Even better, because it's not coming from a candle. It's coming from the oven, thanks to a delicious and healthy recipe.

I was craving a warm, fresh from the oven cake. Didn't want anything too sweet, also it had to be Gluten Free. It started as a different recipe. I wanted to use up the last bit of Coconut Flour in the fridge, but after mixing all the wet ingredients, I couldn't find it. Instead, I added the last of the All-Purpose Gluten Free Cake Flour Mix plus a little extra Brown Rice Flour. 

I thought it was going to be an epic mess. Like most of my baking experiments. Surprisingly, this is what came out of the oven. A delicious and great looking cake with all the 'nooks a crannies' that are almost always missing from Gluten Free baking.
This is a moist and very flavorful cake, that's better enjoyed warm from the oven. I couldn't resist the honey flavor through the cake, so I ate three pieces before even snapping a picture. As soon as the photo shoot ended, I gave the rest of the cake to my Grandpa.

Please, be advised that the measurements below are an approximate. Since I didn't know if the recipe was going to work, I eye balled the amount of flour. Use your better judgement if you think the batter need a little less flour than noted. Also, it's not as sweet as a other cakes.

On another note, Click Here to read the great post that Javelin Warrior, from Cookin w/ Luv, wrote when he made my Cannellini Bean & Goat Cheese Tart w/ Oat Flour Crust.



-Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl. 

-Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ones, whisking well. 

-Pour into a loaf pan (approximately 9 inches long). Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.   

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Hola Yadi, hacía tiempo que no me pasaba por tu blog y me encantan los cambios que le has aplicado. Está precioso.

Este bizcocho tiene un aspecto riquísimo. Hace poco publiqué una receta parecida. Nunca habíamos comido bizcocho de calabaza en casa y nos gustó mucho a todos.

Enhorabuena por tu trabajo. A ver si no tardo tanto en volver la próxima vez :)

Divya Yadava said...

Absolutely gorgeous picture, Yadsia! I love having the aroma of pumpkin wafting through the house.

Anonymous said...

I love pupkin pie. Do you have a recipe where they use whole weat filling? My grand mother used to use whole wheat filling. It was good.

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Annonymous:
I don't , but I will work on that.

Shabs said...

Hey there , thanx for visiting my blog , love this recipe here and the pics look very tempting , bet the house smelled great after making this :) .

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.