02 November 2011

Cream of Spinach & Potato (Vegan & Gluten Free)




There is so much to do before moving to Florida. My room is a mess, I need to get rid of a lot of things I've accumulated over the years, but I can't seem to start organizing. What do I do? Go to the movies with my friend. I'm an expert procrastinator. 

How am I going to bring all of my photography props on a plane? It's not like I have boxes of plates and fabric, but at least a whole suitcase worth. Plus my iMac, camera, tripod, reflectors... the list doesn't seem to end. We'll see how this goes. 

Meanwhile, I do have to eat lunch everyday. Today I prepared a simple Potato and Spinach Soup, or 'Cream'. 

Turns out you don't need butter or cream to make a creamy soup. Not even a pot. 

Just bake, boil, roast or even steam a whole potato, you can cook it any way you want, and that's your base. In a blender, add one cup of Rice Milk, some Salt and Pepper, then add the potato cut in half. To that, add a handful of Spinach, then puree. If you don't care to make it Vegan, just sprinkle Parmesan on top. A bit of Garlic would be nice too.        

The result is a creamy and healthy soup that takes 10 minutes to make. 

8 comments:

Bread & Oil said...

Mmmm!!! I love spinach and this soup looks great just with a bit of garlic and parmesan on top. Could I sprinkle it with some olive oil?
Good luck with your move

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking combination of flavours
looks wonderful
regards Akheela
torviewtoronto

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum said...

Yum! I've never thought to make a pureed spinach soup before, but I don't know why not - I love spinach! Looks so pretty!

Divya Yadava said...

Love getting spinach into my diet in whichever way I can. Spinach soup is a great way to do that. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I've been looking for brown jute cloth (similar to what you have in the picture). Where did you get yours from?

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Divya:
I got the fabric at Wal-Mart. Any fabric store should have it. It's very common.

Christine knapkins_com said...

Hi Yadsia, Your Cream Soup recipe has been selected by Knapkins to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. Congrats again!! :) To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/525?source=blog

Heather - Chickabug said...

YUMMM this sounds delicious!! I love spinach - I'm going to have to try this recipe this weekend!

luisa said...

que rica y que bonita foto. Bss.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.