31 October 2011

Since it's Halloween today, and I don't have any plans tonight (except to watch Dancing with the Stars), here is another recipe.

I've been experimenting with smoothies for the past weeks. Adding beans for body, bananas for sweetness and spinach for color. 

The smooth texture comes from the white beans. Sounds weird, but it's truly delicious. You can't taste the beans at all. If you're adding any sweetener, use Honey (I don't like Agave). Its warm flavor suits the pumpkin and cinnamon in this drink. 

Tomorrow I'll share a Pumpkin Cake recipe that I baked earlier.   

makes one serving
  • 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/4 cup White Beans (like Cannellini or Chickpea)
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk
  • 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • a pinch of Nutmeg
  • 1 small Ice Cube
  • Sweetener to taste, if any

-Mix everything in a blender under completely smooth. Serve immediately.


Editorial Team | Healthy Aperture said...

Brilliant and beautiful. Two of our favorite qualities in a recipe!

Priyanka said...

Brilliant...love the color

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks wonderful
lovely picture

Vicki Bensinger said...

This is a combination I would have never thought of. Now you've peaked my interest though, I think I'll have to try it.

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of this. I just made it and it's wonderful. I did add 1/2 a banana for a little sweetness. Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just tried it, using Stevia in the Raw as a sweetener, Yummy !!! Next time I'm doubling the recipe, I wanted more !!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.