24 October 2011

Potato Pizza for One w/ Whole Wheat Garlic Crust





As much as I love all whole grains, I haven't made my peace with whole grain pizza crust. It always ends up mealy and flavorless. So I took a cue from my newest favorite pizza place, and added mashed garlic to the crust. It helped a lot in the flavor department. I wasn't able to taste the strong wheat flavor.

Still the crust wasn't as good as I expected. I only had whole grain pastry flour, not regular. But my craving blinded me, which led me to make pizza anyway. 

The result was a flat and crispy, but very flavorful crust. Not the fluffy and chewy crust I wanted. I blame the lack of gluten in the flour. But today I bought regular whole grain flour to make more pizza later during the week.

This pizza is low fat, topped with crispy slices of potato drenched in garlic, fresh spinach and fresh goat cheese.

This pizza makes one serving. 


for the crust
  • 1/3 cup Water
  • 2/3 cup Whole Grain Flour
  • 1 Garlic clove
  • 1/2 tsp Coarse Salt
  • 1 tsp Parsley
  • 1 tsp Yeast
  • 1/4 tsp Sugar

-In a small bowl pour the water and sugar. Warm up in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add the yeast, mix well and let it rest for 5 minutes.

-Mash the garlic and salt together until it turns into a paste.

-To the water/yeast mixture, add the flour, garlic and parsley. Mix well with a spoon. Once a dry dough has formed, continue kneading in your hands for 2 minutes. Put it back in the bowl, cover and let it rise for 30 minutes.

-Flatten and shape it as round as you can. Set aside.

for the toppings 
  • 1 small potato
  • 1 Garlic clove
  • 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
  • 1/4 tsp Coarse Salt
  • Handful of Spinach
  • 1 ounce of Goat Cheese

-Thinly slice the potato, as thin as you can. Set aside.

-Mash the garlic ans salt into a paste. Add it to the potatoes with the oil. Using your hands, make sire every potato slice is covered in the oil and garlic mixture.

-Place on top of the crust, covering most of the surface. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are done.

-Take out of the oven, place the spinach and cheese on top.

-

 

 




5 comments:

Anna said...

Perfect combo! So the gralic in the crust did the trick? That is amazing! This is a great snack or game night idea! Pizza with a healthy twist! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

Mrs. Measurement said...

I never thought to put potatoes on a pizza. I'll re-think that next time I'm looking for toppings.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen said...

It looks beautiful and I love the combination of potatoes and goat cheese for the topping.

Mai said...

I'd never thought potatoes on a pizza for topping. What a great idea. How do you always made food look this beautiful?

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

ohh... Love the freshness spinach and goats cheese... Above the garlic potatoes... :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.