18 October 2011

Gluten and Egg Free Chocolate & Pear Tart with Spiced Honey Glaze



 
I've had a good week so far. Two of my recipes have been featured in different sites. 

The Barley Risotto from last week, was featured in Women's Health MagazineAnd my Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Muffins were featured in Lolo Magazine.

Sometimes I ask myself if this whole 'blogging thing' has been a huge mistake. It's a lot of work, but things like that makes it all worth it. Isn't the goal of every food blogger to have their recipes liked? I'm still in that stage where every single comment on a recipe makes my day.   



This recipe has been a long time in the making. I'm not a fan of Pears, I'm more of an Apple kind of girl. But for variety's sake, I decided to make this Pear Tart.

An Almond Flour Crust, then on top a very rich Chocolate Custard (egg free) topped with Steamed Pears and a drizzle of Spiced Honey. Sounds decadent but it's very healthy (at least I'd like to think so).

Excellent for people with Gluten allergies as well as Vegans. Just substitute the butter for margarine and the honey for agave.



for the Crust
  • 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
  • 3 tbsp Butter, melted (or Margarine)
  • 2 tbsp Honey (or Agave)

- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients and evenly pat the mix covering the bottom and sides of a round 8x8 inch tart pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it, it burns fast.   


for the Custard
  • 1 cup Rice Milk
  • 3 tbsp Corn Starch
  • 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder


-Mix all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add your sweetener of choice (I used Stevia). If adding Sugar, start with a third cup and build up from there. If using agave or Honey, you may need to add more cornstarch to achieve a very thick custard. 

-Cook over medium heat whisking constantly until the custard has thickened (about 6 minutes). Set aside. 


for the Spiced Honey Glaze
  • 2 tbsp Honey (or Agave)
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • pinch of Nutmeg
  • pinch of All Spice (or Cloves)


-Mix everything and heat until the Honey softens a bit. Do this step right before drizzling over the Pears.

for the Steamed Pear

  • 1 Bosc Pear, fresh, whole
-Steam the Pear whole and unpeeled for 20-30 minutes. 


-Cut into four slices. Set aside.


To Assemble the Tart 
-Pour the custard on top of the crust. Put the Pear slices on top of the custard. Then drizzle the pears with the glaze. Serve warm or chilled.   
 

14 comments:

JavelinWarrior said...

Wow. There simply are not enough words to describe how gorgeous this tart is. I think I must attempt this. Which shall require that I buy a tart pan :)

kankana said...

That is so amazing Yadi to get featured! :) happy for you and this cake is looking so lovely .. chocolate and pear is a perfect combo!

Clara Turbay said...

i love this post!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I am very excited to try this dish out. I am thinking the almond flour makes a really big difference. What makes almond flour different,anyhow? I am sure to share once I have tried this out...

Nadia said...

This recipe rocks! Sounds delicious! :)

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

Congratulations for the recipe!! I'm making your day right now ! :) These look fabulous! honest!

Bread & Oil said...

It looks delicious! And I love pears.

Vicki Bensinger said...

First of all congrats on your magazine articles. That would make my day too!

What a lovely recipe using healthy ingredients that many will be able to indulge in. I look forward to trying it.

Baking Biologist said...

This sounds wonderful! I love pears and chocolate but have not thought about combining them. But I will definitely have to try it now! Thanks for posting a simple recipe for an elegant and delicious dessert!

Jenné @ Sweet Potato Soul said...

This looks delicious, I love your photos! Thanks for commenting on my site, I'm glad that recipe may help you get some beets into your life :) I make that dip all of the time.
Now I'm going to give this tart a try!

luisa said...

tiene una pinta estupenda. Me alegro por tus publicaciones. Bss.

JavelinWarrior said...

This post is so fetish-worthy, I’ve been inspired to include it in my Friday Food Fetish blog. If you have any objections, please let me know

Purabi Naha said...

Your blog is full of delicacies! I Really admire how you made this. Looks very delicious!! Looking forward to learning more from you.
http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Your photos are both gorgeous and mouth-watering! I love the clarity in the details, and the incredible texture you brought out in the chocolate here... Everything looks so bright and cheerful, too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.