20 October 2011

 

I've said it before, Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It sets the tone for the entire day. If you start the morning right, everything else just sort of falls into place (at least I'd like to think so). 

This is an easy breakfast that requires minimal work from your part. In under 30 minutes you have a complete meal. It works even for a 10 people brunch because it basically cooks itself. 

Serve with tea or coffee and you're done.  

 

My best friend called me yesterday to invite me to the beach. I had a busy day but blew it all off because in two months I'll be moving to the US, that means I have to make the most of my time here. 

Puerto Rico is known for its amazing beaches, and we happen to have one only five minutes from our homes. 

 

We got there at around 2 p.m., when the sun was bright and hot. I brought my camera to capture a few pictures of our day at the beach.

We indulged in Empanadillas (Turnovers) and Medalla (a puertorican beer).
 

  
The palm trees in that beach have been there for years. They're very tall with thick trunks. 



 

We left at around five, when the light was warming up. Every photo taken after four, has a slight beige tone to it, which I love. 

 

The waves were low and the water warm. Even though it's not beach season, there weren't many algae in the water. 

Overall, it was a great day.
............................

serves one, but it's really easy to adjust for more people

1 small Potato
1 Egg
a sprig of Fresh Oregano
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Coarse Salt (I used Fleur de Sel)
Black Pepper

-In a small pot, fill with water just to cover the egg, bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, turn off, let it rest for 10 minutes so the egg can continue cooking. Then peel and cut in half.

-Cut the potato into wedges, drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve, then sprinkle with fresh oregano.

 

7 comments:

JavelinWarrior said...

These are beautiful pictures and I'm so jealous! I live close to a beach myself, but it doesn't look anything like this...

Aunt Clara said...

Yum! Love your pictures of the beach day.

Sarah B. / Lemon Fire Brigade said...

Pretty my lady! :) Love these guys together...

iphone reperation said...

Just fantastic pictures :)


Cheers

Henning
http://www.mobilreparationer.dk/

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Gorgeous photos! I want to have that kind of breakfast in the first picture! Looks delicious! xoxoxoo

Linda Wagner - Nutrition to Invigorate Mind, Body & Spirit said...

Beautiful pictures as always! xo

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful pictures looks like lots of fun and delicious looking breakfast

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.