13 October 2011

Apple and Spinach Smoothie a.k.a Green Smoothie

This is a very short post to tell you about my latest favorite drink. I've seen Green Smoothies all over the web for a while now, but never dared to try one. I cringe at the thought of Spinach in my Smoothie.

I'm not a Smoothie lover anyway, never drink them, except for Piña Coladas, if you can count them as Smoothies.

I took this picture the same day I made the Barley Risotto, hence the same napkin. I was too lazy to actually change napkins even though the backgrounds are different. I'm crazy like that.

Tomorrow I will share my favorite Smoothie recipe, with the addition of Spinach. And no, it's not Piña Colada, but it does have Pineapple. 

Did you know that Piña Colada literally translates to 'Strained Pineapple'? But that's another post...

makes one Smoothie

  • 1 whole Apple, cut in chunks, peeled
  • a handful of Spinach
  • 1/3 cup Rice Milk
  • 1 or 2 tbsp Honey
  • 2 or 3 Ice Cubes (about 1/3 cup) 
-Mix everything in the blender until completely liquified. Serve and drink immediately.  


JavelinWarrior said...

Leaping Leprechauns! That is one amazing shade of green! How come my spinach smoothies never look this delightful...? ;)

chinmayie @ love food eat said...

What a beautiful green colour!

Miss Lou said...

that sounds good and looks awesome!!

Ali said...

I haven't tried spinach in my smoothie but this looks promising. Hoped you loved it. Love the color

foodie @ Tasting Spot said...

i really like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies. It’s still in beta version, but would love for you to start adding some photos and help get it going.

Karisha {Ruborosa Blog} said...

Well I do love apples and spinach separately, maybe I'll like them all blended up! I've also seen these all over... the green monster... Won't fight it anymore! Determined to try it! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.