05 September 2011

Egg, Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole




Monday is the busiest day of the week for me. I usually shoot two recipes and plan the rest of the meals for that week. 

The plan is always the same: get up early, eat a big breakfast and work all day. For that same reason, it is also the day that I get to indulge on breakfast.

Breakfast casseroles sound time consuming, but they're not. Just mix the ingredients in a baking dish and cook in the oven. There is no need to be standing in front of the stove stirring creams or flipping pancakes.

I served it with a piece of bread and an Iced Latte. Café con Leche would be a good option as well.




this recipe serves one

  • 2 Eggs
    2 tbsp Milk
    3 tbsp Cheese (I used cheddar)
    2 ounces of Ham  (bacon or sausage work well)
  • Fresh Herbs (I used Oregano) Salt and Pepper to taste

-In a small bowl, scramble the eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Add shredded cheese and chopped ham. Mix well.

-Pour into a small baking dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. 


-Top with fresh herbs.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm always looking for new easy breakfast recipes to eat during the week and this one looks perfect!

luisa said...

que rico, desayuno. Me gusta de vez en cuando una tortilla de estas para desayunar. Saludos.

Naomi said...

This looks fantastic, I think I'll make this on a Saturday, when someone other than myself is eating a big-person breakfast!

Mai said...

I love eggs for breakfast and this looks amazing!

Paula @ Dishing the Divine said...

I made something similar to this for breakfast, inspired by your post! Thanks for the inspiration!

Reem | Simply Reem said...

What a perfect breakfast to start the day..
Thanks for sharing will make it this week....
Lovely picture

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen said...

Breakfast Casserole!! Genius. I want/need to do this. First time to your blog and it's super pretty.

Lydia said...

Qué desayuno tan completo! Delicioso!

Yomi said...

I came home at 8:00 tonight, exhausted from a long work day and nothing in the house to eat. There's a joke in my house... we say, "There's eggs", anytime someone says there's nothing for dinner. Of course we never really make eggs for dinner. But, when I saw this picture and realized I had all of the ingredients in the house, I whipped it up in no time flat, appeared from the kitchen with a steaming pan of yumminess, some whole wheat toast, strawberry jelly, and sliced honey crisp apples. My family loved it and wondered why we didn't have breakfast for dinner more often. Thanks for inspiring a tired mom and preventing another night of take-out doldrums!

Anonymous said...

I used 2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs. I put in some reduced fat cheese, ham and chopped fresh spinach. This took more like 20-25 minutes in my oven. I sprayed the pan really well, but it still stuck. My husband said it's very good though. I hate eggs so I'll never know! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.