15 September 2011

Coconut French Toast




Usually for me, breakfast means eggs and toast. I'm not a fruit-and-yogurt- person, sweets in the morning are not my thing. 

For lunch, I made French Toast using some left over bread from the recipe I prepared two days ago.

This is a fast recipe that uses ingredients I always have in the pantry: coconut milk and ground cinnamon.
 



 serves two



-Whisk all ingredients (except bread) in a small bowl.


-Heat a skillet with some butter on it. 


-Soak each piece of bread in the wet mix, cook in the skillet 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. 

-Sprinkle with some coconut on top and serve.

 

7 comments:

Nadia said...

The toast looks super delicious, especially with the coconut milk... great idea! But don't you feel too sleepy in the morning to actually cook your breakfast? :)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

I'm definitely a sweets-in-the-morning kind of person, so this looks right up my alley. What a great idea to use coconut milk. Lovely.

Paula @ Dishing the Divine said...

I loooove sweets for breakfast. :) And French toast is one of my favorite! Delish!

myfudo said...

This is a sweet morning delight. French delicacies are usually sweet in nature. Love this toast.

Madison Chloe Marie said...

I have such a weakness for coconut, and French Toast was one of those specialities in my family, on holidays, a special weekend, so butter wasn't a guilt factor. I am so craving this.

Elena - delicious kitchen stories said...

Deliciosas tus french toasts!!!

purabi naha said...

Yadsia, this is my first time here and I loved these toasts. Great photographs!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.