16 August 2011

Grilled Peaches with Lemon Whipped Cream





While we're still enjoying summer weather, recipes for grilled food are appearing everywhere. But for the less experienced on the grill (a.k.a. me), a simple dessert can turn into a disaster very quickly. That's why I stick to simpler grilled recipes.  

Peaches work wonderfully on the grill. You don't have too cook them for too long to achieve perfect grill marks on them. With a little planning, the fruit remains firm and sweet instead of turning into a mushy mess.




The key is to select a peach that's still very firm and doesn't have any bruises. Then it's all up to you. Sweet or savory, peaches taste good with almost anything. Top them with Goat Cheese as soon as they come out of the grill to make a quick picnic side dish.

If you don't have a grill, you can cook them in the oven using the broiler setting. Place them in a sheet pan, very close to the top of the oven. Broil for 5 minutes. You'll need to keep an eye on them because honey burns really fast.



serves four
  • 4 Peaches
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
  • 2 tbsp Sugar
  • 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 tsp Lemon zest

-To prepare the whipped cream, combine the cream, sugar, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice in a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Store in the fridge while the peaches are ready.

-Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Using your finger, apply some honey to the pulp. Cook them in the grill, pulp side down, until grill marks form. 

-Serve warm with whipped cream on top.


 

7 comments:

Charissa said...

Best dessert ever! I am coming over for dinner! :)

Yummy.

Tina said...

Mmm, peaches! This looks really yummy.

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

I'm so pleased to see this recipe. Just yesterday in a tweetchat I learned about the concept of grilling fruit. Now I'm delighted to have a recipe to try! thanks for sharing. I'll be making this soon!

Nadia said...

Looks absolutely delicious! :)

Just finished plate to pixel and there is a whole page on shooting grilled peaches, so yours are picture perfect according to it! :)

Sarah said...

Peaches are most definitely one of my favorite fruits to grill and have as dessert! There is something about cooking peaches that brings out the best, sweetest flavors. I don't want summer to end because that means the peaches will be gone!

Mary said...

These really do look lovely. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've just spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really love the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Mary:
Thank you for the nice comment!

@Nadia:
Plate to Pixel is such an amazing book. I learned SO MUCH from it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.