01 August 2011

Creamy Orange & Blueberry Pops





With summer still in full heat here in the tropics, temperatures have been terribly high. Even at night we can feel the heat and humidity disturbing our lives. But not even the heat can stop me from baking and cooking.


 


 Lately I've been working on another project: an Herb Garden. In the past, every time I tried growing one it was a complete disaster. Thanks to the internet, I've learned a lot about how to take care of plants. 

They're all thriving as of this post.


With the help of some organic fertilizer, good sun light and regular care, I've been able to grow: Oregano, Basil and Marjoram. Even the Tomato plant is looking good. It's almost six inches taller than it was when I bough it a few weeks ago.

I don't know how smart it is to start growing Tomatoes during summer, but I live in Puerto Rico. It's always summer here.


   
 Heat, that's what brings me to this recipe. 

These Pops are great for many reasons: low fat, fresh fruit juice, fresh fruits and no sugar added.

Simplicity is the key to make these fruit Pops. Only three ingredients go in them: low fat Milk, fresh Orange Juice and Blueberries

The milk is what contributed to the 'creamy' part of this recipe. If you really want it creamy, add some heavy cream to it. I'm sure it turns into a delicious and decadent dessert.

You can use cow's milk. To make it Vegan, use almond, rice or soy milk. Even oat milk would be a good option. 

Next time, I'm using Coconut Milk!
 





this recipe yields four, 4 ounce pops


1/2 cup of any Milk you like (even cream is good)
1 1/4 cups fresh squeezed Orange Juice
1/4 cup Blueberries 


Mix all the ingredients and pour into Popsicle molds. Freeze and enjoy.

14 comments:

That Girl in Pearls said...

My goodness. This looks absolutely wonderful. I really need to make time for some pops before I run out of summer and fresh berries!

Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

Thank you!
You should make pops while there is still sun outside!

Vicki Bensinger said...

Your blog is so pretty and your photos are fantastic.

I grew up loving creamsicles so this is right up my alley and so simple. I love the addition of blueberries.

On a different note, my family use to vacation every year in Puerto Rico. We enjoyed it there so much. Such a beautiful place. I would imagine it's extremely hot there in the summer. Stay cool!

Nadia said...

Looks delicious and perfect for the heat :)
Will try it with coconut milk.

P.S. Gorgeous photos!

Reem said...

OMG, your blog is beautiful!!!, wonderful recipes and amazing pictures..... I'm so glad I found it.

Canelita said...

It's looks delicious!!!
I will try it with soya milk.
Kisses!
Alalimayalimon.blogspot.com

Cubicle.com said...

Wow, that looks delicious. I can't wait to try it! I love that no sugar is added!

Viv said...

hey coconut milk is such a great idea for popsicles!!! and there are so many combos that'd work lovely with it so im looking fwd to your future post on it! :)

beautiful photos as usual...and good luck on the herb planting too!!

Karisha@Ruborosa said...

Oh my, oh my! These look, and bet they taste, amazing! My next great find, popsicle molds!!!

Also, your pics just keep getting better and better. Wow!

CariƱos! ;)

Heather Jacobsen said...

wow! so simple and yet i'm sure so tasty. i'm going to try it with coconut milk, since i can't eat dairy. but i'm sure it will still be good, and my kids will love them too.

beautiful photograph.

Mai said...

These would be perfect for hot summer day. Delish!

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

@Viv:
The Cocinut Pops are coming tomorrow!

@Karisha:
Thank you!

@Heather:
With Coconut Milk they would be amazing!

@Mai:
They are!

I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

MMM these look so delish and the photography is GORGEOUS! So glad I found your site!

xo-
Jamielyn
I ♥ Nap Time

Rococo Le Monde said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog, your pictures are beautiful. I'm now following, this recipe looks delish:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.