13 July 2011

Pesto & Yogurt Roast Chicken

I love lazy days. Those days when I can just do whatever I want. Today was one of those. I had a delicious breakfast, and a spectacular lunch. Got to photograph both, and just relax reading Plate to Pixel.

I'm learning so much from that book. As soon as I finish it, I'm getting myself a new camera. I've been afraid of buying an expensive dSLR. What if I never learn how to use it and just give up?

I'm still learning about food photography. After almost 8 months blogging, styling is my biggest challenge. I'm constantly looking at food photos on other blogs. Reading Helene's book, has really opened my eyes to new details that I sometimes overlooked in the past, like camera settings. 

Last week I bought a Lowel Ego Light. I don't have big open windows where lots of natural light come in during the peak hours of the day. I get one hour of good light at noon everyday from the front window, that's it. Hopefully, I'll be able to incorporate studio and natural light properly into my photographs.

About the recipe: You can prepare the marinade the night before and leave it in the fridge. 
Pesto & Yogurt Roast Chicken

1 whole Chiken, cut into parts
1/3 cup Pesto (I used parsley pesto)
1/2 cup thick Yogurt
Salt and Pepper

-Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, mix the pesto and yogurt. Pour it on top of the chicken. Using your hands, make sure every piece of chicken is covered in the marinade. Put it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When you're ready to eat, just cook in the oven at 375 for 80 minutes or until done. Some pieces may cook faster than others, remove those to prevent over cooking.

Green Rice

1/3 cup fresh Cilantro
1/4 cup fresh Parsley
2 ounces of white Onion
1 clove of Garlic
1 cup of white Rice
1 1/2 cup Water
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

-In a food processor, chop the cilantro, parsley, onion and garlic.
-Add the oil into the cooking pan you're using. When it's hot, add the herb mixture. Cook for 1 minute. Add the rice. Cook for 2 minutes (over medium heat), stirring constantly.
-Add the warm water, bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down, let it simmer until the water has evaporated. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes. Stir and serve.

1 comment:

Karisha@Ruborosa said...

Yadi, your photos are exquisite, as are your recipes. The styling and composition is always so well balanced. I love every part of your blog. Know you’ll keep doing great!

CariƱos! xoxo ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.