03 July 2011

Grilled-Fish Tacos

I love movies about food. Have you seen Waitress? The 2007 movie starring Keri Russell, about a pregnant woman in a 'love' triangle. I've seen too many times. You should see it too.  

As much as I love the movie, I love the pies more. She works as a waitress in a diner, who is in charge of preparing the pies as well. She gives quirky names to every pie. The inspiration for the recipes comes from life experiences. 

I get lost in the way she describes every recipe, the way she whisks the ingredients together and they way she pours the fillings in the pan.

There is a quote in the movie that really changed my life. Keri's character asks her boss if he is happy. He answers: 'You ask a serious question, I'll give you a serious answer: Happy enough. I don't expect much. I don't get much, I don't give much. I generally enjoy whatever comes along. That's my answer for you, summed up for your feminine consideration. I'm happy enough.'

Why did it change my life? I was (and still am) looking for that one thing that will make me happy forever, that will change my life so much, that it'll never be same. 

Since I heard that quote, I simply stopped looking for it. I started to enjoy what is going on now. I used to always think: I'll go to that bar when I lose 50 pounds, I'll apply for that job when I finish my masters, I'll move to NYC next year, etc. The in between used to be empty and sad (it still is a little bit). But I've learned to fill the in between with joyful experiences and what really makes me happy: good food.

I see this Blog as a vessel that delivers my daily dose of happiness. Every post, every picture, every recipe, every one of your comments and visits, give me the power to go through with this. You have filled my in-betweens with happiness for 7 months now.  Thank you!


This recipe is enough for 2 people. Enjoy it with a very cold beer. 

10 ounces of Cod Fillet
Corn Tortillas
Sour Cream

for the marinade:
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Chili Powder 
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp dried Parsley
2 Garlic cloves, minced
the juice of one lemon
Salt and Pepper (I used Adobo)

-In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the marinade. Add the fish and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes.

-Grill it for 6-8 minutes. Check it for doneness.

-Warm up the tortillas and cut the avocado in strips.

Assemble your taco and enjoy!

-Yadi I. 




Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

What a beautiful post and what lovely photos. My kids don't love fish, but they eat pretty much anything I stuff into a taco, so I just may try this. thanks for the inspiration.

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

Thank you!
This recipe should work well with chicken and pork.

Carmen said...

Yadi, the quote you mention is full of wisdom and you have been wise enough to realise it and to stop searching. Happiness is here, now, all around us. Enjoy what you do, from your biggest challenges to the smallest of actions, and you will feel it.

Great recipe. I loooove fish.

And...congratulations on your Photo Blog price. Well deserved.

xxx Carmen

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

Thank you! There is a lot of wisdom in that quote, a lot to learn.

Chocolate Shavings said...

Love fish tacos!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.