06 July 2011

Gluten-Free Brownies




I'm loving this Gluten Free phase. 

Today I experimented with these sweet, chewy and gooey Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies. I was planning on giving them to my Grandpa, since I don't usually like brownies. But I ate two pieces before making it to his house. They are that good!


I couldn't feel the grainy texture that the Tomato Tart had. It was perfectly cooked and had an amazing chocolate flavor.


The best part is that it's super easy to put together. Just a whisk and a bowl. It's ready in under 30 minutes. So put it in the oven before sitting down to eat, and you'll have dessert waiting for you when you're done. 


Soon I'll start experimenting with mixing my own Gluten Free flours. For now, I used Hodgson Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Mix.


Ingredients
1/3 cup Butter
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Instant Coffee (optional)


Procedure
-Heat the butter and cocoa powder in the microwave for one minute on high. Set aside.

-Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla, coffee and salt together.

-Add the butter-cocoa powder mixture slowly while whisking.

-Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well with a spatula.

-Pour into a 9 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.







10 comments:

Karisha@Ruborosa said...

Bet they taste better without all the gluten. :)
Amo el diseño nuevo!!! XOXO

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@Karisha:
Mil Gracias!

jacamaca said...

Fantasticno izgleda, bas mi se dopada :)))

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

Oh, so pretty! Hard to believe they have no flour.

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@Rivki:
I can't believe it either. They're so good!

ovenhaven said...

I'm in love with the photography on your blog! And that brownie? I totally agree, who would've thought it doesn't contain flour! Will definitely be checking in often :)

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@ovenhaven:
Thank you so much!

Viv said...

love love your new blog template! its so cute and welcoming :)
im with you in that im not a brownie fan...usually when i bake a batch i only have 1 slice! these gluten free version looks interesting tho!

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@Viv:
Thank you SO much, Viv!

Deborah said...

I don't have to cook GF, but I am tempted to experiment with it a bit. These look wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.