18 July 2011

Creamy Pasmesan Baked Eggs




Last night, while quickly browsing the blogosphere, I found this simple breakfast recipe. 

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and eggs my food of choice. Since I had all of the necessary ingredients in my fridge, it seemed like a good idea to try it this morning. It's super easy to assemble. Breakfast in under 15 minutes. Even for just one person.

Just find a small baking dish, like a ramekin, assemble all the ingredients and bake. It'll cook while you get ready for the day. 



It should make an amazing brunch casserole when cooking several eggs at once in the same dish. Serve it with veggies like cherry tomatoes and asparagus, or just toast some bread.

Recipe for one. Adapted from here.

2 Eggs
2 tbsp Half & Half (sold in the US, is a mixture of equal parts cream and milk)
1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Cooking Spray

-Spray the baking dish with some cooking spray. Add the eggs. Add the half & half. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

-Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, depending on how done you like the eggs. 
     


11 comments:

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

I've never tried baked eggs but if it's half as good as it looks I've been missin out!

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@Xiaolu:
thanks! You should really try them!

Jun said...

So simple! Will be a perfect breakfast when I wake up late.

Amanda said...

Yum, yum, yum! I was craving eggs the other day, but didn't want to go the standard pan-fried or scrambled route. This looks excellent!

Mandy @ Cater to Me said...

So beautiful but simple! Eggs are my go to for breakfast as well, and I love this presentation of them!

Heidi @ Food Doodles said...

Mmm, I'm a huge breakfast fan too. I've never had baked eggs but they look so yummy, especially with parmesan. Thanks for sharing, I'll try these one morning :D

Sarah B. @ Lemon Fire Brigade said...

Nice colors! Eggs are always the best breakfast! Yum.

Charissa said...

In love with this idea...I want to try it for breakfast tomorrow morning! Thanks for sharing, I'm egg-cited! ;)

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

Thank you guys for all the nice comments! You make my day! Now, go make the eggs!

Anonymous said...

do you break the yolks? or just leave them. this looks sooooo good!

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

No, don't break them. Leave them whole!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.