13 July 2011

Big Breakfast for One

It has been a huge week for me, which explains the lack of posts. On Last Friday I bought a new iMac. It's awesome, I'm in love.

On Saturday, I went on a road trip through the island with my Grandparents and Aunt. We had a great time, but it left me with tired and with no inspiration to cook anything. On Sunday, my Mom and I went shopping all day with my Grandmother. On Monday, an old friend visited me. On Tuesday, my Grandpa came over to help me install the new blinds in the living room. 

Plus, as some of you may have already noticed, my Blog got a new look. Thanks to Maricruz, from Cappuccino Factory (links on the header), for the awesome new look. I've been working on getting all the links to work properly, plus a few final touches. For the most part, it's already finished.

Also, yesterday I finally got Plate to Pixel on the mail. I wasn't able to put the book down all night. It's full of so much information. If you are a food blogger, you need to buy the book.   

Today, I took the day off. A day just for me. To do what i love most: Cook and Eat! So, I'm going all out with the menu.

First, the most important meal of the day: Breakfast. There is no better way to start the day than a healthy and hearty breakfast. 

I prepared roasted asparagus and tomatoes, lightly seasoned with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Served it with an egg and some toast. Washed it all down with chilled white grape juice. It was exactly what I needed. 

Quickly took some pictures of the dish, before it went soggy on me. 

As I type, there are some chicken pieces roasting in the oven that promise to be an amazing lunch. More on that, on another post. 

For now, here is what you need for breakfast. If you're cooking for more than one person, just adjust quantities as needed.

4 Cherry tomatoes
4 Asparagus Spears
1 Egg
2 small pieces of Bread
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
White Grape Juice

-Season the veggies with some oil, salt and pepper, then roast them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
-Prepare the egg on the stove, any way you like. I cooked mine with a little butter just until the yolk was set but not completely cooked.
-Toast the bread. Apply some butter on it.
-Serve the grape juice.



soveggd said...

This looks great! Such a simple meal. Thanks for sharing!

Oli said...

Estupendo desayuno. Gracias por el traductor. Un besote de OLI de ENTREBARRANCOS

Sarah B. @ Lemon Fire Brigade said...

My favorite kind of breakfast. Beautiful.

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

Thanks for your comments!!! Now, try the recipe!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.