19 July 2011

Batida de Avena (Oatmeal Shake)



 

What I love the most about blogging, is that I get to discover new amazing recipes everyday. I'm always looking for that special recipe that's going to make my day.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Sometimes I even go to bed thinking about what to cook for breakfast the next morning.

While making my usual round of discoveries, as I like to my recipe search, I found different variations of the same one. 

Some bloggers call it Oatmeal Shake, others call it Batida de Avena. Spanish being my first language, I liked the second one better. 

In some spanish speaking countries, they have something called Aguas Frescas (Fresh Waters). Here in Puerto Rico, we don't have such thing. We just make fresh fruit juices, which are different from other countries because ours are very sweet and not watery at all. This particular recipe reminded me of Agua Fresca because it has lots of water. 

This shake is excellent for breakfast. It's light, not too sweet and very refreshing. 

recipe serves one

1/4 cup Oats
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Sugar (or honey)
Pinch of Salt
Ice

-Cook the oats in the water until done. Let it cool a bit.
-Pour into a blender. Add the milk, sugar or honey, salt and ice. Blend for one minute.

Enjoy!     

4 comments:

Karisha@Ruborosa said...

Esta receta me dejó de que la hago mañana mismo 1st thing! Looove!!! La avena es de mis cosas favoritas para comer (aunque no sea de desayuno:)

La hago y te cuento! Cariños!

Yadi I. @ShopCookMake said...

@Karisha:
Claro! Me dejas saber.

Viv said...

wow! i have oatmeal every morning for breakfast but NEVER would've thought to put it in the blender with some ice!!!! that puts a totally diff spin on this breakfast food!
btw, i love breakfast too...but i never seem to have enough time for it in the morning!

Memória said...

Este batido de avena se ve perfecto. Vi esta receta primero en el blog de collegegirlcooking. Tus fotos son lindas. Ya tengo mi batido listo en la refrigeradora para mañana.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.