06 June 2011

My Infallible Waffle Recipe : Butter and Milk Waffles.




I've tried many times to make Pancakes and Waffles from scratch. Sometimes the batter is good, other times it's terribly bad. Those times are part of the past.

These are perfect! Hence the name. 

They're perfectly crispy outside,  just like Waffles should be. Inside, they're melt in your mouth soft. 

What's the best part? They're made with Butter, not Oil.

The true secret for this recipe is the good quality of ingredients. Use fresh Milk and Eggs. Add Sweet Cream Butter. That's how you get melt-in-your-mouth good Waffles.  



I will never buy another boxed Waffle mix.

It might seem like a lot of batter, but don't worry, it lasts up to a week in the fridge. Or simply freeze they left over Waffles, then reheat in the toaster before eating. 


And finally, what's the secret for this Batter? A very thick, heavy Batter. Don't be afraid if the Batter seems too thick, that's they way it's supposed to be. 

This recipe yields about 6 - 8 big Waffles.

Ingredients 
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 1/2 cups milk
    • 1/2 cup melted butter
    • 1 tablespoon white sugar
    • 4 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract



    Procedure

    -Beat the eggs with the salt, vanilla extract, baking powder and sugar.

    -Add the milk and melted butter and mix well.

    -Mix the flour in three batches with a whisk. Make sure there are no lumps. 

    -Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker.   


18 comments:

Jen (Tastes of Home) said...

Thanks for sharing an infallible waffle recipe! :D I love the way you styled the shot..perfectly inviting :)

Paula @ Dishing the Divine said...

oooh! These look mighty tasty. And with breakfast only a few hours away, can I resist the temptation to make them? :) I shall try. :) Your photos are amazing!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

Thanks for sharing your secret, and your BEAUTIFUL photos. Can I come over and have some???

Tina said...

I'm not usually a waffle person, but these look amazingly delicious!

Tracey @ Kitchen Playground said...

Look wonderful! I absolutely love waffles ... and make whole wheat waffles all the time. Will have to give these a try, too.

bakerbynature said...

My future husband; wherever he is, needs to learn to make me these waffles! They look fantastic!

Katie said...

Waffles are my favorite! I'll have to give this recipe a try.

Anonymous said...

these waffles are as good as the picture makes them look! I just bought a new Belgium waffle maker and this is the first recipe I have tried. So yummy!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Made these last night. Perfect!

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Hola, this is my second time making these delicious waffles! I love 'me!
Thank you for sharing this great recipe. Jackie (boriqua flavor)!

keira said...

found this recipe and your blog by googling for a waffle recipe made with butter.
made them for my family last thursday morning and they were fabulous! off to browse the rest of your blog...looks great! thanks so much!

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Y:
Made these waffles again today with blueberry strawberry compote and they were perfection! Xoxo

Anonymous said...

Just made these waffles and they are very good. This recipe was very easy and very delicious.

Anonymous said...

Your recipe is the best!!! I'm making your waffles right now, and they're so good I can't stop eating it!

Anonymous said...

These are hands down the best damn waffles my family and I have had the pleasure of devouring. I will nexver ever return back to my old waffle recipe, buy another store bought mix, or those frozen waffles. They were perfect with our homemade butter and premium maple syrup.

Anonymous said...

JUST made these!!! Very yummy recipe! I really love it because I already had everything on hand! Thank you for posting

Tamara Adams said...

Thank you for sharing. I went through quite a few not-so-yummy recipes before I found yours. They are delicious, even after freezing and warming up in the toaster oven. Thank you!

grace said...

I've tried out a bunch of different waffle recipes and this one is great for those who don't want to whip the egg whites separately and are short on time. Great texture. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.