16 June 2011

Iced Chai Tea





My Mom has always been a big Tea lover. I remember her drinking a cup of Tea in the morning and one before bed. Like a ritual.

As an adult, I learned to love Tea, just like her. 

When I was little, all I wanted was to drink Coffee with breakfast just like my grandpa. 

My Grandmother used to prepare him a big cup of hot and milky Coffee with breakfast every morning. My brother and I used to beg her for the same treatment. Just to make up stop, she would fill half a coffee cup with warm milk, then add a few drops of Coffee and a sprinkle of sugar. 

We were convinced that was exactly what my Grandpa was drinking. We were happy.

Now I drink less Coffee, and more Tea. 

Chai Tea is second on my list. My absolute favorite is Earl Grey or English Breakfast. I drink it every single day as soon as I wake up. With a small pour of milk and a sprinkle of sugar, it's more of a therapy than a drink.

With the temperatures rising, hot Tea is transformed into Iced Tea during hot afternoons. Iced Chai Tea, that is. 

This is my version. Enough for two tall glasses.


Ingredients
2 Earl Grey Tea Bags
2 Chai Tea Bags
1 Clove
2 cups of Water
3/4 cups of Milk
Sugar to taste


Procedure
-In a sauce pan, add the water, clove and tea bags. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.

-Remove the clove and tea bags. Add sugar to taste. Let the tea cool a bit. Transfer to a glass and let it chill completely, in the fridge.

-Once chilled, add the milk and mix well.

-Serve in a tall glass with a few ice cubes and a sprinkle of good cinnamon.

Enjoy!


-Yadi I.    


  

18 comments:

bayaderka pl said...

I love Chai Tea. And though I drink I am a coffee person, this tea is very high on top of my list.

Seelenschmerz said...

Great recipe! I love tea too! I'll try this mix soon! Greetings!

Hannah Mendenhall said...

Oh, that looks so refreshing and the styling is very cute!

Lu Ann said...

looks lovely! I like making some chai tea beverages myself. i have a tea blog you may check out if you'd like, we also have free monthly tea newsletters you can subscribe too! www.theteacupoflife.blogspot.com

can't wait to try this recipe of yours :)

Rachel said...

Ooh that looks so refreshing! Hopefully the weather here will warm up soon so I can enjoy one of these!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Even though it's almost midnight here and thunderstorming outside, it's hot as heck up in here. I could really use this delicious and utterly refreshing drink!

Bread & Oil said...

I have to try it! I love tea and my favorites are Earl Grey and breakfast :-)

Paula @ Dishing the Divine said...

that looks so refreshing!

Lacey @ dishfolio.com said...

Amazing photo! We'd love for you to share with us at dishfolio.com!

Sarah said...

This looks so refreshing and delicious. It's funny, my mom has a very similar ritual to your mom's but with coffee!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

I love chai tea and drink it all winter long. I never thought to try it iced in summer. Great idea! Will have to try this soon.

Yadi I. said...

@Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) Iced Tea in the summer saves my life!

Laura said...

Chai tea is my absolute favourite. I am so excited to try this!

mai said...

I always order Chai tea whenever I'm at starbucks. But now I can make it at home. Thanks for the awesome recipe. Looks yummy!

Katie Price said...

I googled Iced Chai Tea and found this post. It Looks Amazing, I'm going to go try it right now.

p.s. Beautiful blog colors :)

William Winston said...

I had truly enjoyed what you had to say about eco Friendly Bags These comments have really supported my zeal in writing for several of the newest topics.

Piers Lyman said...

There many classes of tea. Sometimes it is served hot and at times its cold.

jowdjbrown said...

A very standard black blend aroma with more of a mellow tone. Very refreshing!matcha powder where to buy perth

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.