07 June 2011

Chocolate Popsicles - Simple and Delicious

Finally summer is upon us. That means it's time to make delicious frozen treats. From sweet and tangy Lemonades to fruity and creamy Popsicles

But nothing beats Chocolate! It's delicious in any form. Today, I happened to make it in frozen form.

To make these fudgy Chocolate Popsicles, I followed the same recipe for Chocolate Ice Cream

I love the custardy taste in these Popsicles. Plus they're creamy and sweet to perfection.

They take a bit more time that regular Chocolate Popsicles, but they are well worth the trouble. After they're frozen you can still bite into them. They're that fudgy!

Be prepared for many more Popsicles recipes as the summer goes on. I'm loving enjoying frozen treats in the afternoon.

This recipe makes 6-8 Popsicle, depending on the size of the paper cups. 

You'll need six, 4 ounce paper cups and six wooden sticks.

Any left over custard, you can just make it into ice cream. 

1 cup of Cream
1 cup of Whole Milk
1/2 cup Sugar (taste for sweetness while preparing)
2 Egg Yolks
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 tsp Corn Starch (optional, makes it thicker and fudgier)

-Mix the cream, milk, sugar, egg yolks, salt and corn starch in a heave bottomed sauce pan. Whisk well!

-Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Whisk every two minutes while cooking, to make sure the milk doesn't scorch. 

-When it's warm, remove from heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder. 

-Return to the stove, turn it up to medium heat. Continue cooking and whisking for 8 to 10 minutes. You don't need to whisk it constantly, just every two minutes or so.  After that amount of time, it should be thicker and velvety. Like melted ice cream. 

-Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla extract.

-Let it rest at room temperature until completely cooled (about 90 minutes).

-Pour the custard into the paper cups. Put the wooden sticks in the center using something to make them stay put (I used hair clips). Or you can freeze the custard for an hour, then insert the sticks, when the custard has hardened enough for them to stay in the center. 

-Let them freeze completely and enjoy! 


kankana said...

I am one of those weirdo who doesn't like ice cream...NO, I am not from any other planet !! But i would love to make those for hubby who love love love ice cream :)

Yadi I. said...

What?!?!? Seriously? You don't like Ice Cream?

Eva said...

Yay egg yolks! They just make all frozen desserts taste so much better :) These sound delicious, I absolutely love the weaved fabric you laid them on. Such a great texture, and so beautiful too.

Indie.Tea said...

Well, I love ice cream. I'm on speaking terms with chocolate, but I don't love it. I'm a fruit kind of person myself.
Still, your popsicles look delicious and very summery.

Indie.Tea said...

O, and your photographs are so gorgeous.

Paula @ Dishing the Divine said...

Oooh! These look so tasty! :)

Sara said...

Ooooh, so fudgy and delicious! These look SO yummy. :)

Yadi I. said...

Thank you SO much for all the kind comments on this recipe! You guys always make my day!

Andrea said...

I am definately making these this week!! They look SO GOOD! What are you using for the wooden sticks? I'm trying to think of something to use instead of buying popsicle sticks.

Yadi I. said...

For the wooden sticks I'm using regular craft sticks. You can get them literally anywhere. You could use plastic sticks too. Even spoons or forks. Use whater you have on hand.

Andrea said...

Yadi, I just made these yesterday and they ARE as good as they look! Thank you for the recipe! I am going to make your Lemon, Strawberry, & Yogurt Popsicles next, I'll let you know how they turn out! :)

Yadi I. said...

I'm so glad you liked them!!! It makes me crave them right now!

Anonymous said...

Yum these were do good even though i didnt put corn starch! I also put rasberrys when i frose it and it was even better

Adelina Priddis said...

Thank you! This was the best looking recipe I found and it didn't dissapoint! I tweaked it a bit, and have shared my recipe over on my blog today (with credit back here). We really enjoyed making and eating these.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.