02 May 2011

Caramel & Chocolate Tart Cake

I often find myself making Chocolate based desserts. Want to know a little secret? I don't really like Chocolate.

I like the 'idea' of Chocolate.

It's not that I don't enjoy a real piece of Chocolate. If you give me a bitter, extra-dark piece of hard Chocolate, that'll really make me happy. 

It's kind of like Bananas. I like the fruit, but hate anything banana-flavored.

This recipe was inspired by a post from the Pioneer Woman's website. After swapping a few ingredients, this the end result. 

I have to say that I never used boxed cake mixes, or anything boxed, for that matter. So I was a little hesitant about the recipe. But it is delicious and moist. It doesn't taste 'boxy' at all.

 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
4 ounces chopped Almonds
1 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, melted
8 ounces of Caramel Candy
4 ounces Chocolate Covered Peanuts

-Chop the chocolate covered peanuts and the almonds, then set aside.

-I used the type of caramel candy that comes with a cream center. You can use anything you like. 

-In a small sauce pan, melt the caramel candy with 1/2 of the evaporated milk. Over low heat, mixing with a spoon regularly.  

-Meanwhile, Pour the boxed cake mix into a bowl.

-Add the chopped almonds, chocolate covered peanuts, butter and the rest of the evaporated milk.

-Butter a big tart pan. I used a ceramic, 11 inch baking dish, about 2 inches tall. 

-Pour some half of the cake mix. You'll need to use your hands. Wet your hands before touching the mix so it doesn't stick to your hands. 

-Pour the melted caramel mixture.

-Pour the rest of the mix. Again, it's easier if you use your hands. you could also spoon the mix into the dish. 

-Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it rest for 10 minutes before digging in.


kankana said...

Yum yum yum .. like crazy yum ! Love how you shared the recipe .. step by step pic.. awsm :)

Medifast Coupons said...

YUM! This turned out really nice looking. Very decadent look to your tart/cake. I can't wait to try.

Heather said...

Oh yay, me too with the chocolate! I like it in cake form, and I like it in croissants. This looks rather heavenly...and the chocolate is in the cake form:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.