04 April 2011

Warm Potato Salad




Today, for the first time, I made Roast Beef. I've had Roast Beef before, but this was my first time preparing it all by myself. It was delicious... more on that in another post.


This Warm Potato Salad was the perfect side dish for my Roast Beef Sandwich. 

 A quick online search pointed me to Martha Stewart's site where I found this recipe. I adapted it a little by substituting Parsley for Cilantro and adding a splash of wine. 


Warm Potato Salad is an elegant side dish that can be prepared a day in advance. It great for those upcoming Easter festivities when you might attend a Potluck Dinner Party. 



Ingredients

1 pound of Fingerling Potatoes (or any potato you have available)
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp White Wine (or water)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp Chopped Cilantro

Procedure

-Boil or steam the potatoes until they are 'knife tender', not 'fork tender'. Meaning that they're cooked through for very firm. 

-While the potatoes are cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro,  in a bowl and whisk until well combined. 

-As soon as the potatoes are done, pour the sauce over them. Make sure they're completely covered. Then sprinkle the cilantro on top.


Enjoy!


  
  
Follow my blog with bloglovin

1 comment:

Susan said...

that looks delectable!! I adore a warm potato salad. mmmm

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.