27 April 2011

Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Oven Fried Potatoes




My Birthday dinner (April 26th) was combination of a few of my favorite ingredients: Lemon, Pasta & Asparagus. But this was just 'Part One'. I'm having a Mexican Fiesta on saturday! More on that later...

I adapted this recipe from the lovely Blog , Sunshine & Smile. It was exactly what I was looking for. Fresh, light and very easy to prepare. 

The flavors and crunch of the potatoes go so well with the citrus of the pasta. To finish the meal, I served Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Blackberry Syrup. Everything was delicious!


This recipe yields 3 servings.




1/2 pound of Pasta (any kind you want)
6-8 stalks of Asparagus
1/4 cup chopped Onion (I used red)
the Zest of one Lemon
the Juice of one Lemon
2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 medium Potatoes
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Thyme




-Cut the potatoes into wedges. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of oil, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Using your hands, make sure the potatoes are completely covered. Add a little more oil if you want to. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp. 

-Cook the pasta according to package instruction, in salted water.

-Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic and onions. Sprinkle a little salt and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.

-Cut the fresh asparagus into two pieces each. Add to the skillet and  cook for another 3 minutes.

-Add the lemon zest and juice. Cook for another minute. Add some more salt and pepper. 

-Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and cook until the asparagus are done. I like mine soft, so the entire cooking process took about 10 minutes. Cook until the asparagus are as tender as you'd like them. Keep adding pasta water if necessary (while cooking the asparagus), I added about a 3/4 cup total, during the cooking process. You should have a bit of a sauce when the veggies are finished cooking. 

-The pasta should be cooked by now, so strain it and add it to the skillet. Toss and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.

-Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan.

Serve the potatoes and pasta, and enjoy!



  


3 comments:

Kankana said...

Yadi...you made it and you liked it :)))(can you see my broad happy smile ) Hope you had a blast on your birthday !

Yadi I. said...

Kankana: I loved the recipe!!

SharonShantel said...

My Birthday Is April 28th & I must Try This I Am A Big Fan Of All These Ingredients That Were Incorporated In This Recipe Can't Wait To Try It :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.