12 April 2011




Since the Strawberry Milk recipe was such a success, I decided to experiment with Chocolate Milk. 

I made a simple chocolate syrup to make this creamy drink. It's definitely better than the bottle milk I used to get at school when I was a kid. 

I hated it so much, that once, I poured it over another kid's head just so I didn't have to drink it.

Don't limit the chocolate syrup to chocolate milk. Pour some over ice cream, fruit, yogurt, cake, chicken... the list is endless. 

*A quick note on the sugar content: As a reader pointed out, it does sound like a lot of sugar. It is, but it's necessary. Cocoa Powder is very bitter, so you need to add extra sugar to make the syrup sweet. Some of the recipes I read before developing this one, called for 1.5 cups of sugar. I used less because I'm not a fan of sugary drinks.
  


½ cup Cocoa Powder

1 cup Water

1 cup Sugar

⅛ teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla



-Mix all ingredients, except vanilla, and cook for 8-10 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.

-Remove from the heat and add vanilla. Stir well. 

-Let it come to room temperature before putting it in the fridge.

It'll thicken as it cools. 

While it's still hot, you can pour it over ice cream or cake (even meat). To make Chocolate Milk, mix 2 tbsp of the syrup with 8 ounces of milk. 

Stir well and enjoy! 






5 comments:

Maria said...

This sounds quite sweet for my taste, but I could definitely enjoy a dairy free and less-sugar version of this! :-)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) said...

Amazing - all these years drinking chocolate milk and I never thought to make my own syrup! Thanks for sharing.

Yadi I. said...

Maria:
It does sound sweet, but believe me, it isn't. Cocoa Powder is very bitter. I thought the recipe might be wrong, but after adding only a half cup of sugar, I realized it needed the entire cup. Some recipes call for 1.5 cups.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

looks amazingly mouthwatering..tempting n yummy..
First time here..u hv a wonderful space..visit mine as time permits..following u
Sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

This sounds delicious. My daughter loves her chocolate and strawberr milk. I may have to try this recipe soon.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.