29 March 2011

Quick Banana Bread

To continue with the 'Almost Expired' theme that I started yesterday with the Lemon Tartlets and Lemon Curd, I baked this delicious Banana Bread last night. 

A couple of very over ripe bananas were living in my fridge. They needed to be used as soon as possible.  

I love bananas, but I don't like anything with bananas in it. Weird, right? I'm very particular with food. This bread is really good, but I gave it to my grandpa. He is someone who can appreciate it better. 

If you're looking for a quick, easy and not-too-bad-for-you Banana Bread recipe, this is it. I didn't follow a specific recipe, just went with my gut (and what was available in my fridge). 

You can substitute Whole Wheat Pastry Flour for all purpose white flour. Also, if you can, use brown sugar instead of white. I haven't tried it yet, but you can add nuts or dried fruits to the batter. If you're feeling adventurous, even use Walnut Oil instead of Canola.   

2 big over ripe Bananas
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Yogurt  
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or all purpose)
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Canola Oil (or any oil)

-In a bowl, mash the bananas together with the vanilla, yogurt and oil until you get a paste. 

-Incorporate the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the Sugar and Baking Soda. 

- Incorporate the flour a half cup at a time, mixing well with a spatula or whisk.

-Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees. 

-Let it rest for 10 minutes before digging in!



Vivienne said...

ohh yummy! i love the addition of yoghurt to your bread! def healthy (esp with the whole wheat too!) YUM!

Yadi I. said...

The yogurt really makes a difference in how moist the bread turns out. Next time I'm going to use sour cream instead of yogurt.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.