25 March 2011

Perfectly Roasted Brussels Sprouts



I was hoping to channel Ina through this dish. 

My favorite Food Network chef is Ina Garten. I love everything about her. In fact, I want to be her. Not in a psycho, crazy way. Ina is just perfect. Her food is perfect.


I love every single recipe she makes. She always finds a way to make even the most disgusting foods (liver!) look scrumptious. That brings me to Brussels Sprouts.

The quintessential kid-hated food. I use to hate it when I was a child. My mom would buy a bag of frozen sprouts, then boil them and serve them to me in their stinkiest form. Blah! 

But last year I garnered enough courage to try them and found the perfect way to cook them: roasting them. Now Brussels Sprouts are my favorite vegetable. They find their way into my plate every week.  

If you don't like Brussels Srpouts, please give this recipe a chance. I hope you change your mind about them. 

Here is the easiest way to roast them:





Take a little over a half pound of Brussels Sprouts out of the package. You may want to wash them, I didn't. 


Cut off the rough, white stems. Remove any leaf that separates from the Sprout by itself. 



Put them in your baking dish. 



Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with enough Olive Oil to give them a nice sheen. At this point you can a little lemon zest to give them a special touch. Totally up to you.  




Using your hands, make sure the sprouts are covered with all ingredients and look shiny. Remove any leaves that may have separated after this step. 




This is how the look after being in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. 






Serve them immediately and enjoy!





4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha- I HATED brussel sprouts when I was a kid. I just remember them being mushy balls of yuck. But I recently started eating and making them and they are yummy when done right. I think my mom just near had a heart attack when she heard I was eating them!

Maria said...

Yum, I love brussels sprouts!!

Yadi I. said...

Rachel:
It's amazing how many people tell me the same thing about Brussels Sprouts. They hated them as children, but now they love it. It's one of things that must be prepared just the right way.

Vivienne said...

ive never been a fan of brussel sprouts either...next time its in season ill try baking it like this!! :) yes ina's great! ive recently bought one of her cookbooks so cant wait to cook thru it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.