10 February 2011

Breakfast Potato, Ham & Egg Casserole






       There is nothing better that waking up to a warm and hearty breakfast. It sets the mood for the day.  This recipe will really get you in a good mood.

       First we boil the potatoes, them smash them with some butter and cheese, then mix in chopped ham. And to top it all, two fresh eggs.

       You can prepare everything the night before and bake it while getting dressed. On Sundays, I prepare a big batch of the potato smash to last all week. Then in the mornings, just add the eggs and bake.

       This recipe is for one very big serving. Two people can eat from this, if you serve it with a side dish like fresh fruits. It’s really easy to double or triple this recipe. You don’t have to make individual servings. Put everything in a bigger baking dish if making this recipe for several people.


1 big Potato
1 ounce of Cheddar
2 ounces of Ham
½ tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Milk
2 very fresh Eggs
Salt and Pepper







-Cube and boil the potatoes until tender.



-Set the oven to 400 degrees. I used a counter top mini oven at 450 degrees. 

-In the baking dish, mix the potatoes with cheddar, butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper.  Add the ham and incorporate.



-Smooth the top and break the two eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper.         

    

-Baking time depends on how you like your eggs. I like the yolks soft, so I baked mine for only 10 minutes. 





10 comments:

Bobby said...

What a nice looking presentation. I think I'll make that this weekend.

Anonymous said...

at what temperature did you set your oven to?

Yadi I. said...

I set the oven on 450, but I used a counter top mini oven. If you're using a normal oven, set it to at least 400.

Mei Teng said...

Yummy! Love the food photo.

luckybunny said...

This has improved my life! LOL I made this for brunch today and it was so good, and so easy. This is a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing!

Danae said...

Do you cover it when you bake it? My eggs turned out to be a funny texture when I tried it this morning -- kind of hard and plasticky, and took a long time to cook even at 450 degrees.

Yadi I. said...

I didn't cover mine while baking. Did you make it in a small counter top oven? That's what I used to bake mine. Try baking it at 400 for a longer time and covering the dish. I'm so sorry the egg turned out plasticky. I make this dish almost every morning and it's never happened to me.

wendy @ Obesebaby said...

Thats awsome, its like turkish tangine dish.

Charlotte said...

I tried this today and made it for my family (and posted it :-D ), and they loved it! I added mushrooms to mine. I really love your site, but it's a shame that some of your pictures don't seem to show :-(

Sophia said...

I love making delicious, comforting breakfasts in the morning! I'd love to make this! You should consider submitting this to Recipe4Living's Breakfast Casserole Recipe Contest! You could win a whole bunch of things from Melitta Coffee!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They're always well received!

All Content on ShopCookMake.com by Yadsia G. Iglesias 2011-2012 - Please, ask if you want to use any content. - It's not permitted to alter, transform or build upon this content.